eCommerce: More customers
and lower costs via ad optimization,
CRO, and improved customer retention
- Client spent approximately $100k with another digital agency with little to show for it
- Ready to give up on pay-per-click (PPC) advertising altogether
- Optimized Ad Relevance (keywords, audience targeting)
- Improved Traffic Quality (landing pages, customer experience)
- Increased Campaign Efficiency (on-site conversion rate optimization)
- Maintained cost-per-click (CPC) while improving click-through-rates (CTR) by 613%
- More than doubled conversion rate: from 1.05% to 2.35% in first 6 weeks alone
- Reduced cost-per-transaction (CPT) from over $200 to $78
- Achieved CTR of 3.85% (compared to national average of 1.6%)
All Rags is the eCommerce arm of American Wiping Cloth & Rag, Inc, a large manufacturer and distributor of industrial wiping rags. They spent nearly $100,000 with another digital agency trying to drive online sales without getting adequate ROI and had nearly concluded that digital marketing just wouldn’t work for them.
3Fold proposed an initial engagement to evaluate and optimize their existing digital campaigns. After a thorough review and analysis of historical campaign performance, we made a number of changes and optimizations. For example, we:
Changed the keywords they were targeting, eliminating keywords that did not lead to good conversions and adding new ones that performed better.
Added “Negative Keywords” to reduce false positives. (For example, searches for “doo rags” were very popular and formerly triggered All Rags ads, but never led to conversions for the industrial rags they sold. We specifically excluded “doo rags” from our ad targeting.)
Carefully matched user intent to the appropriate landing pages, so when people searching for “restaurant wiping rags,” they landed on a page featuring products specifically designed for restaurants as opposed to more generic wiping rags.
Optimized the entire “sales funnel,” making sure that from first search to final checkout, the process was as seamless as possible, thereby improving conversion rates and driving additional incremental sales.
At the end of the 6-week engagement, we saw CTRs improve by 613%. All Rags actually spent less but received more ad clicks: 6 times more clicks per impression! But that’s not the best part. Their conversion rate more than doubled: from 1.05% to 2.35%. All Rags’ cost-per-transaction (CPT) decreased by 61% while their average transaction size went up. At the end of our initial engagement, their Return On Ad Spend (ROAS) was 196%, but we were only getting started. Since then, we have continued to improve advertising efficiency. All Rags continues to grow their investment in advertising and is enjoying an ever-increasing ROI.